Saturday, 27 August 2011

What I would tell them....

WHAT I WOULD TELL THEM:
(If I knew what to say.)
You are a miracle.
And I have to love you this fiercely: So that you can feel it even after you leave for school, or even while you are asleep, or even after your childhood becomes a memory.
You’ll forget all this when you grow up.
But it’s okay.
Being a mother means having your heart broken.
And it means loving and losing and falling apart and coming back together.
And it’s the best there is.
And also, sometimes, the worst.
Sometimes you won’t have anyone to talk to.
Sometimes you’ll wonder if you’ve forgotten who you are.
But you must remember this: What you’re doing matters.
And you have to be brave with your life so that others can be brave with theirs.
And nurturing the good in this world is nothing short of a privilege.
That’s why I have to love you this way.
So I can give what I have to you.
So that you can carry it in your body and pass it on.
I have watched you sleep.
I’ve kissed you a million times.
And I know something that you don’t, yet:
You are writing the story of your only life every single minute of every day.
And my greatest hope for you, sweet child, is that I can teach you how to write a good one.


I love this. 
{I totally stole it from here who got it from this blog!}

8 comments:

  1. Oh I love that. And your new blog look is lovely too! Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely isn't it? And thanks for noticing the new look blog - i'm learning as I go!! Still very new to this! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture is adorable, here from 3, 4 and under

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture and writing! Great blog! New follower from the give a hoot wednesday hop, have a great evening! You can find me at

    http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by, following u back

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post made tears come to my eyes, it is so true! I found your blog on the Give A Hoot Wednesday blog hop, I would love for you to follow me back at www.EcoCrazyMom.com thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet, I love it! Thank you for stopping by my blog. I'm now your newest follower. Can't wait to read more from you.

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to have your comments...it makes blogging even more worthwhile! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. x