Wednesday, 10 August 2011

I love being married to a teacher!

It is officially the holidays!  Mr David is off for 5.5 weeks...that means no more work, no more pre-school - no more routine!!!!!!!  And it means....we are abroad!  Bonjour from France!!

Once again my parents (who are THE best parents in the world) have taken pity on us and paid for a villa in France for 2 weeks and all we had to do is get here!  We are in the south of France in the Dordogne region  and it is beautiful!  My sister and her brood are here too and the girls are thriving - they are loving the sun, the pool, having their cousins and granny and grandpa on tap and having treats at least twice a day (in the form of ice creams, sweets, pain au chocolat and the odd toy too!!  It is holiday time after all!)

Why on earth am i blogging when I am in the south of france with my wonderful family i hear you ask....?!!!!  Well.. after a few 33 degree days, we had a rainy day!  It worried me...that after almost a week of being here, i had not got any resemblance of a tan and feared the rest of the holiday could be a washout so i decided i needed to make the most of any sun that may appear.  Yesterday afternoon was really humid and the sun appeared every ten mins or so followed by spells of cloud for the net ten mins and so on and so on....i (stupidly) decided not to put any suncream on...and because of the cloud, the true extent of the suns rays was deceptive...and who am i kidding with this babble...I was silly and didn't put suncream on and literally fried the whole front of my body.............Ouch was not the word!!  I've truly learnt my lesson...because today is a right off and I don't want to do anything outside at all and I'm feeling very sorry for myself!

But at least it gives me an excuse to catch up on blogging!!  I've been feeling really guilty about my lack of blogging...i'm going to have to learn to blog just "moments" and not feel like i need to do day to day documenting!  Each time something big happens...i think "oh i must blog about that" but then remember the millions of things in before that major event that i need to blog about first so that everything is documented chronologically.  But that just is not possible in my crazy life - so i just need to focus on the big stuff as and when.  And if i have to blog about something 3 weeks after the event then that is just the way it has to be!!!

Right..back to the holiday....it has so far been lovely.  We've still been up between 6-7am most mornings, but thanks to the GENIUS who invented portable dvd players, the girls have come into our bed and watched dvd's till we come round!!  So mornings have been lovely and lazy.   Lily has napped for 2ish hours every day giving us free time to swim with Avie or read or sunbathe or just have a relaxing lunch!  And then in between we have had lovely outings to villages and medieval towns for a drink and ice cream and exploring!

Avie is loving playing with her cousins, but to be honest we are missing her a little bit....when they are around she doesn't have any time for us (or lily) - and rightly so!!  I remember getting together with my cousins every christmas and have the best memories of those times.  We had brilliant imaginations and let them go wild when we were together and played from the minute we woke up till lights out at bedtime.  We were exhausted by the time our visits were over!  I am happy for her that she has cousins on both sides to play with and enjoys getting together like this with her family...they are like extended siblings for her!  But it will be nice once we are home to catch up on my cuddles and chats with my little munchkin!  I think i'm struggling more recently because she starts school in a few weeks (gulp!)


On holiday in the village of Sarlat having a drink at a cafe
just after we'd treated Avie to these tiny medieval figures!

Rightyho...back to catching up on blogs and soothing my skin!  I wish I was one of those people who would turn brown by tomorrow...but sadly the pink will fade and then i will peel and be back to the white person I arrived here as!  Ah well...pale and interesting???!!

1 comment:

  1. Nothing wrong with pale and interesting!!! Gorgeous picture, we've just got back off hols, and we met a family who had two older teenagers who took my 2 under their wings..... They had fab time, but we missed having them with us constantly! Happy hols to you! Nat

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to have your comments...it makes blogging even more worthwhile! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. x