Tuesday, 23 August 2011

The love of my life

My hubby and I have been married for THREE YEARS today!!










Our story...


It was 2002 and I was on a cheap (remember..very cheap!!) girls holiday to Majorca with my best friend Lucy just before we were about to start our final year at Uni.  We were staying in Palma Nova and whilst most of our evening's were spent experiencing the culture of beautiful Majorca, a couple of evening's were spent in Magaluf and this is where I met the love of my life...


*cringe*


 I still shudder at the fact that i met my soulmate....the-father-of-my-beautiful-daughters...in such a seedy, meat market place!! Oh how i wish i could say we met whilst backpacking around Australia!!


But hey ho...let's move on!!


Lucy and I weren't even going to go out that night...we were tired, so I don't know what made us go...but go we did!  And we ended up dancing in a bar called Carwash.  I had been dancing for hours and decided to take a break and sit on the side...right next to the one and only...Mr David!  He told me to get back on the dancefloor... I told him i was just having a break, but he continued to badger me, so i agreed...but on the condition that he joined me!!


Over the rest of the evening, we danced for about ten mins, then spent hours talking at the bar and shared our first kiss.  When the bar closed (at about 2am) we walked Lucy back to the hotel and continued down onto the beach where we talked till about 6am whilst lying on sunloungers looking at the stars!  It was very romantic and i would love to re-create it one day (just NOT in majorca - maybe mauritius or the seychelles...i'm not fussy!).


We met up again the following night and got on really well and lightly touched on the fact that back in the UK we lived 4 hours away from each other...but didn't want to dwell on it.  Lucy and I then flew home the following day.  When Bryn (there I've said his name..think it's the first time!) got back into the country, he rang and we spoke every night that week...for hours!  We learnt so much about each other in just that one week - we felt like we'd known each other for years!  He took a train and came to visit me at Cardiff Uni that very next weekend...we were both SO nervous, but after a couple of glasses of vino, we became so comfortable and things just "clicked".


We continued to see each other most weekends..taking it in turns to do the journey and we spoke on the phone every week night in between. 


After about 9 months we broke up...it was the worst time of my life.  But i won't dwell on that...it had to happen for us to realise that a long distance relationship (and the difficulty that it adds to a relationship) was worth it.


For another TWO years (gulp!!) we carried on with seeing each other every weekend and holiday and talking on the phone ALOT!!!!!  During this time I had moved back in with my parents to do a post graduate course to convert my degree to Law and then the Legal Practice Course to qualify as a solicitor.  As the LPC was nearing to an end, I managed to get a job with a law firm where Bryn lived!  We rented his brother's flat and moved in together!  It was fantastic...and then I started work...where I was sent to cover a fraud case in the law courts...in CARDIFF!!!


Ridiculous doesn't even cover it!!  So we were back to long distance!!  For seven months anyway....


Whilst on the pill and drinking heavily on night's out with friends, I started to throw up every morning for 3 morning's in a row....on the 4th morning, I arrived back for my weekend with Bryn and even though I stressed to him that there was NO WAY i was pregnant, he insisted he got a test...and it turns out..


I WAS PREGNANT!!!


The second after we saw those 2 pink lines, our world's kind of collapsed...for a little time anyway.  Shock was the main culprit - turns out I was actually 7 weeks pregnant!!  And I continued to be sick every day ALL DAY with Hyperemesis till I was 30 weeks..but that is a whole other blog post!!


Fast forward a little....we got over the shock and we ended up buying a house and moving back near to my family when I was 8 month's pregnant, then Bryn started his new job 1 week before Avie was born in September 2006!


The rest they say is history..... we went to New Zealand with Avie in a campervan on our honeymoon in July-August 2008, then 10 days after we came back we got married on the 23rd August 2008 (3 years ago today, hence the blog post!!)


We do thing's SO the wrong way round...baby first, then honeymoon, then wedding??!!!!  There were very good reasons why we did hioneymoon/wedding though!!


Then after 8 months of trying....I got pregnant with Lily just after we moved into our second (and current) home...and she was born in November 2009!


WOW....Lovely memories!!!  I love that I have shared all of this with my soulmate.


Bryn...I can't wait for all the memories we have yet to make with each other, as a family.  We have such plans and with you by my side I know we are going to achieve so many of them...I am so excited about what our future has in store for us!  I am so grateful that you work so hard so I can stay at home and raise our girls and I cherish every moment I have with them and hope I am doing a good job.  I love you and our girls with all my heart and can't wait to grow old with you. xxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary. What a lovely post, and nothing wrong with doing things backwards, it's more fun that way! Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I agree..much more fun doing thing's a different way round! x

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to have your comments...it makes blogging even more worthwhile! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. x