We are feeling a bit lost today...Bryn has gone back to work and we are missing him already.
That's what you get when you marry a teacher...5 weeks "off" in the summer is AMAZING, but we really get used to him being around the house...and so it hits us really hard when he goes back to work!
He's actually been back in work since last thursday, but he's only been going in for half days since then...but starting today he is in all day. I know most people will have no sympathy for me because of all the time "off" he has had (I wouldn't have prior to meeting Bryn!)..but the thing is that he works SO hard outside of working hours all year round. He's up and off early to work so he can fit in some lesson planning before he teaches and then when he gets home, he has a couple of hours with the girls, then he works till 10/11pm most nights...so where most people can finish work and have their evenings all to themselves..he does not. Plus he works a lot of the summer holidays anyway....but with us milling around him!
So anyway...that is how we are feeling..
lost.
We will get used to it..we always do.
Lily keeps saying "dada wok" and then "bye bye dada wok"!
And Avie finds a million things that she must remember to
tell daddy/show daddy/do with daddy the split second he walks in the door
and I manage to achieve less than half that I normally achieve when he is home with us!!
So in honour of how we are feeling today, I thought we would have a couple of "daddy love" photos.....we know he will be missing us too and would rather be home with us listening to the girls giggle (and fight and moan and whine).
He doesn't get in the photos that often, so it's nice to include him in my link up this week with Embrace the Camera over at the Anderson Crew. He won't like me for this though..as in both these pics he was in desperate need of a haircut..it goes really high and fluffy when its long! Tee hee!! Hey..but we love you Mr David..warts n all!! (Not that he has any warts...just want to clear that up before I get myself into even more trouble!!)
Rightyho..i'm off now to make the most of the last few precious days with my little girl before she starts school on monday...i'm going to miss her SO much..but hey that is another blog post waiting to be written.....


Precious! I know the feeling...my husband works ALL the time...so we treasure those moments when he is home. When he is around, there is no one else the kids rather be with than him.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous photos, as always!
ReplyDeleteI love spending time as a family, and always think I wish it were like this every day, but if it was, would the time we get together be as special? I think it would be soon just be 'normal'! Nat
a lot of people are posting {embrace} pics of daddies today... those are my favorite kind of pictures... daddy bonding time is awesome!
ReplyDeletewhat sweet pictures! We have been through phases where my hubby is working long days too and it's so hard with the kids, but yes, you learn to cherish every moment together as a family!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful family!! I am a new follower from the Give a Hoot blog hop! Hope you have a great Labor Day weekend!
ReplyDeleteKim
http://memoirs0famama.blogspot.com/
I know it's hard on little kids especially when they get used to something like that. start the count down till the next ones.
ReplyDelete