Friday, 29 July 2011

* My little big girl's last day of pre-school *

Oh my goodness...say it isn't so???  My teeny tiny baby girl is suddenly 4 (in fact almost 5!!) and has just finished pre-school...ready to go to big school in September???  How the heck did that happen - I literally only blinked my eyes..seriously, how can thing's happen so fast?  Too fast...

My gorgeous daughter Avie Grace has had over 2 years of happy times at pre-school...starting with 2 morning's and gradually moving to 3 morning's and staying for lunch!  She's made some lovely friends (Jamie, Kieran, Elsie, Harriet, Chloe) and enjoyed going (apart from the first couple of months where she would literally have to be peeled of me...yeah - that was fun!). 

But....I think she is definitely ready for school.  She is going to turn 5 just 5 days after starting school...I am so grateful that she was overdue (not at the time though!) and not born on her due date of 31st August otherwise she'd have already been at school a whole year.  I will treasure that extra year I have had her at home - she has come on leaps and bounds and I truly believe she is completely ready now.  Me on the other hand...nah...not quite so ready for her to go.  She is my best friend...she talks to me all day long and I am so grateful to have her in my life - she makes it all the more exciting!

I am however worried for my little Lilster...she has gotten so close to Avie recently and in the last couple of weeks when we have left Avie at pre school, she has cried inconsolably.  Bless her sweet heart.  I love her sweet gentle nature so much.  She really is going to miss Avie when she's gone all day (but not quite as much as I am...)

Avie's last day at pre school was a couple of weeks ago and we took in some wine and choccies to say thank you to the teachers.  Avie also drew a picture of her teachers and gave me a word to write that best describes each one.  It was such a brilliant picture, so i framed it as a present for the pre-school. 

Future artist in the making?  Check out how my big girl draws curly hair!x

Apparently it was the nicest present they have ever received!  They're going to mount it on the board by the entrance...it would be brilliant if it's still there when Lily starts!  You watch out..i'll blink my eyes again and it will be little lily's first day at pre school....noooo!!!  I'm definitely not ready for that stage yet!

A few weeks ago, one of the dads at pre school - a professional photographer came and took photos of the children..he took them in small groups then superimposed all the group shots into one big one.  I think they are great...here are some of them...





0 comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to have your comments...it makes blogging even more worthwhile! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. x