Tis true...i can't sew!
But...I so desperately want to!
I can hand sew a straight line if i'm fixing a hem or something..but anything more than that I just wouldn't know where to start. I used to love doing textiles in school and could rock a sewing machine and was actually quite good at it...but that talent seems to have disappeared along with a few thousand brain cells since having children!
But, that is all to change! My very generous brother in law is giing me £125 for christmas..Eeeek!!!!!!! Lucky lady aren't i?!! Anyhoo...I've decided to use the money to buy a sewing machine and fulfill my ambition to create crafty masterpieces!!
But..I am seriously clueless when it comes to whether a sewing machine is good or not..so I am begging any of you for any words of wisdom?
What sewing machine would you recommend? Or even just what make?
And is there a great sewing book for beginners with cute little (easy) things to make?
And lastly i need a great sewing box..any ideas??
I sew (geddit?!!) appreciate you helping me in advance...I am so excited about this!!!
I am loving the idea that with this and photography, I am finally doing something for myself that will also benefit my family!
xx
Good luck! I am sure it will come back to you! I own a sewing machine but the last time I used was in 6th grade! And I am 23 now! I really want to learn to sew again as well!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Lindsey..I really wish I hadn't stopped after school. You should dust off your machine and get creating!!! xx
ReplyDeleteI am sooooo excited for you.
ReplyDeleteI consider myself a hack sewer. I can sew, but I wouldn't make clothes or anything. lol. maybe pj pants. but I'd rather go to the shop.
But I love that I can have a crack at things, kids costumes, hair pieces.
You are going to love it. I'm contemplating experimenting with stretch fabric with the hope that I can whip up my little mans dance costumes in future.
You tube has the answer to everything if you're looking for tutorials.
I can't sew either, but it is on my wish list. Good luck and have fun!
ReplyDeleteThat is so generous! I'm so excited for you!
ReplyDeleteFunny, we are in the same boat right now! I just ordered my sewing machine yesterday. I have never sewn, well except for in a home ec class in junior high school but that was so long ago! I just bought a cheaper end sewing machine that had okay reviews on amazon.com. By the way, that's a good way to pick out something good, just read the reviews there even if you aren't going to buy it online there. I bought this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000F7DPEQ/ref=oh_o01_s01_i00_details And to learn how to sew, I think that I will take an online e-class, just like photography! Here is one right here: http://homeeconline.blogspot.com/ Happy sewing sista!
ReplyDeletetotally wish i could help you, but i don't even know how to turn on a sewing machine!
ReplyDeletehttp://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/
yay, how you enjoy the new sewing machine. i'm stopping by from www.thelovelypoppy.com and would love for you to stop by and see the new giveaways and tutorials. xoxo nicole
ReplyDeleteI wish I had some good tips for you, but when it comes to sewing I'm totally clueless. I think it sounds like fun though! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI'm the same way! I can sew a straight line, but that's about it. I'm going to buy some patterns and start teaching myself how to sew. It's one of my goals for next year.
ReplyDeleteThank you all for your lovely comments. I am so excited about learning to sew! Sorry for the late comment...I haven't been on my blog for the last month! I really appreciate all of your encouraging words and will post an update on how I do once I get started with my new sewing machine! xx
ReplyDelete