Tuesday, 8 May 2012

I'm starting my own business!

I know my track record of regular blog posts ain't great, but this time at least I have a good excuse!

I am setting up my own business!

It has been an idea I have been brewing for about a year...not really knowing if I was brave enough to take the plunge or whether I was being realistic with my goals.  One afternoon I sent Bryn an email at work entitled "Business Proposition" and he told me to go for it!  The rest is history!

Since we got back from our trip to America (which I still MUST blog about - oops!), I have been so busy researching, sourcing, creating, registering my domain name and starting to set up my website!  It has been hard work but such exciting work too!  So nice to start using my brain again too! On Sunday night we put the girls to bed and invited my parents over for a drink to tell them all about it - I was so nervous as I really wanted them to be proud of what I was embarking on...and they were!  We sat for two hours and talked about it and they were so excited for me and supportive and full of help and ideas!

I am not ready to unveil my "business" just yet..but so soon I promise!  A little taster...I will be selling something.  So watch this space!

If anyone has any experience of setting up a business I would love to hear from you!  What program you used to set up your website?  How you got yourself out there?  If anyone has read any similar endeavours on other blogs please let me know - I need all the help I can get!

I am so excited to be on this journey - come along for the ride!! 

1 comment:

  1. oh it sounds fantastic and I'm sure you will have a great 2013 setting it all up!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to have your comments...it makes blogging even more worthwhile! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. x