Friday, 24 February 2012

Spring Clean...

Thank goodness it's Friday
I'm not entirely sure how we have made it through to Friday,
but thankful it is here all the same!

This week has passed in a blur
a blur of illnesses, days off school and work,
laundry piling up, toys taking over the house and then pushed to the edges of the rooms at bedtime
there has been a lot of planning for an upcoming trip
and talk of emigrating to Australia
(more on that soon).

I was the last to get ill and just starting to turn a corner.
I am eager to use this weekend to catch up on myself!
I have piles of things to sort all over the house,

I have all of Lily's baby stuff to sort through to sell next weekend at an nearly new sale.
I also have things to clean and price up for a table top sale at Avie's school the week after.
I need to clear out our loft to see what we can bin/ recycle/ charity shop/ sell.
And just generally go round the house and do the same with thing's we 'have' but don't use or need.

I'm on a mission to move on to the next phase of our lives.
Now that Lily is in a bed, we can sell her cot (*sob*)
I do find that particular item out of everything really hard to let go of.
That cot was a haven for both of my babies,
they were both so comfy in it, snuggles in their sleeping bags surrounded by their teddies,
they were safe to dream in their cot,
it is something they both shared,
they would greet me with beaming smiles from it every morning and at the end of each naptime

I'm working on the theory of out of sight, out of mind...
If i get rid of all the baby stuff quickly,
then I will get over the sadness of the stage being over quickly.
Better that than saving it all, even moving house with it all....and then years later binning it all because it is then dated or ruined from being in our loft for so long.
It may as well go to a good home and all be of some use.

It's still going to be hard.

I also have mounds of paperwork to go through and at least a day of tidying and cleaning and then don't even get me started on the ironing!

But I am on a mission to spring clean...
out with the old and in with the new and fresh...

wish me luck...it's going to be a long weekend!
x

1 comment:

It would be lovely to have your comments...it makes blogging even more worthwhile! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. x