I am pretty much used to being mummy to just one little lady for the majority of the day now.
Avie has been in school for almost 6 weeks now and I have to say, I am loving the
one on one time with Lily while her big sis is at school!
{This is not to say that I am not missing my big girl like ce-ra-zy though!}
I used to go to loads of baby groups early on with Avie, but by the time Lily came into our lives, there was no time to do the same with Lily as our lives seemed to revolve around Avie's pre-school drop off's and pick up's and taking her to her big girl groups. There were still baby groups going on, but the timing never seemed to fit in with our lives.
So I have been feeling serious amounts of
THE MUMMY GUILT!
You know what that is...
we've all been there
(on a daily basis for me about one thing or another!)
You just can't escape it.
But you can ease it
a little...
So now that Avie is at school from 9.15am - 3.20pm, I can now devote some mummy time to just Lily and she is loving it! On monday morning's we do Music & Movement, where we do lots of singing and shaking our booty and on wednesday we go to Toddler group, where we play with tons of toys, have juice and a biscuit (sometimes 2 when mummy's not looking), do crafts and more music and shaking of booty's! And the mummy's sit down with a cuppa and generally break up fights and return snatched toys to their rightful owners! And on other day's we get together with friends or see Granny or cousins etc - lots of playing for Lily and drinking tea for mummy.
I am loving seeing my little girl coming out of her shell and really developing
an incredible (cheeky) personality!
She is also loving being able to have long quality naps! Because we can be at home every afternoon if we want to, before we have to do the school run, Lily gets a 2-3hour whopper of a nap. And the cuddles she gives me to let me know it's nap time are
delicious!
I love this scrummy girl!
Linking up to the lovely fantastic mummy Emily at Embrace the Camera



so sweet! my boys are a bit younger but i feel the same guilt about the time i'm (not) able to devote to my second...
ReplyDeleteOhh those snuggles, best thing ever! And it looks like she is enjoying having mommy all to herself!
ReplyDeleteI came across your blog on the anderson crew link up. Your blog looks great and your family is adorable. I am excited to follower a blogger in the UK!
ReplyDeleteWhat precious girls you have! Snuggle time rocks.
ReplyDeleteSuch sweet pics. One on one time is absolutely precious. And I know all about that mommy guilt! Yikes. It gets me all the time.
ReplyDeleteah, such a sweet post. those cuddles are scrumptious.
ReplyDeletei'm loving her sweet little boots too!
So sweet. I am a huge fan of nap time cuddles too!
ReplyDelete