Friday, 29 April 2011

The Royal Wedding.....Proud to be British!

Wow...well what can I say about witnessing Prince William marrying Kate Middleton??? (When I say witnessing..i mean watching on tv with billions of others of course!)  It was amazing..it was like the whole country stopped and took in all the amazing details of what will be one of the most historic weddings of all time.  Kate Middleton looked beautiful and everything went smoothly.  Sat at home with my family watching this famous event..a hyped up 4 year old desperate to "see princess kate" as my equally excited viewing partner I was so proud to be British.  The hubby was less bothered and Lily decided it was nap time just as Kate was walking up the aisle (luckily Mr David offered to put her down as I wasn't moving off the edge of the sofa at that point!!) 

Our country came together and held garden parties, street parties, bbq's and family gatherings on this special special day that almost everyone had been given the day off for - it made our country unite and I am so glad that I have been able to witness it.  One day they will be our King and Queen and I am very excited at that prospect - they seem so down to earth and 'normal' just like Diana was...not as stuffy as the Queen is or even as Prince Charles is likely to be.  I can't wait for them to be in that position (not too soon for their sake's though!)

Here is a snapshot into our day (unfortunately the first few photos are from my phone)....

Princess wannabe Avie!

A "less fussed about the event" Lily...

This photo is totally blurred (stupid phone camera!) but I LOVE it..they are both in hysterics..love them so much!

Queen Lily??

Loving this special day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to have your comments...it makes blogging even more worthwhile! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. x